Lately, with being unemployed (yes, still!) and all, I have been able to catch up on the blogs I read. One of them is Conversion Diary, which is a lot of fun to read especially as a Catholic convert myself.
Anyway, Jennifer does something on Fridays called “7 Quick Takes” which I have always enjoyed reading, and today decided to join in on! Here goes…
1. Again, love that I have had time to catch up on my Internet addictions. What with being on the honeymoon, and moving, and my sister visiting, and getting used to being married (What? I can’t spend all my free time on my laptop while watching NCIS, now that I am married? No one told me that!?)– I haven’t had much time. One blog that I have been enjoying now that I am an official military spouse is Spouse Buzz. I doubt it’s that interesting if you are not military affiliated, but I am soaking it all up.
2. One more cool internet thing and then I will change topics, I promise. Being away from my RSS reader for 2 weeks showed me that there are only a few things on there that are really *that* interesting to me. One of them being Wil Wheaton’s Twitter account. Yes, to the outside eye I may seem mildly obsessed, seeing as how his blog is linked in my sidebar, and I just posted a link to something he posted on his blog, and now I am talking about his Twittering– but let’s face it, the man is funny. And he was Wesley Crusher once upon a time, and once upon that same time I was a huge Trekkie so…don’t judge me.
3. For anyone who is still reading…hubby woke me up at 7:30 to PT with him (Physical Training for those of you non-military). We rode our bikes at the park and it was awesome.
4. I miss Oakley Princess. Oakley Princess is a dog. My sister’s dog, and they were both visiting this week. I would post a pic, but I am on hubby’s computer and pics of Oakley are on my laptop. So you will all have to wait in suspense to see her…now I want my own dog! I know better than to ask to borrow Oakley. (Oh, and I miss my sister too. Hi sis!)
5. I hate geese. Is hate too strong a word? I don’t think so. Our apartment is near the pond, and the geese are rampant. You can’t even walk around the pond because it’s impossible to dance through the goose poop. ARGH.
6. So far the hardest thing about being married is remembering to say “ours” instead of “mine.” That seems selfish when I read it, but hey, I have been saying “mine” for 31 years so I think a few weeks of transition are allowed in this case.
7. Today, I have been married for 3 weeks! So far, it’s been heavenly, and I expect that to continue. I love my husband and I love being married to him. 🙂